Monday, June 9, 2008

We are the Champions

While you are reading this post, "We are the Champions" by Queen should be playing in your head. For the last 29 years, 6 months and 3 days I have not been able to beat my dad in ping pong. I haven't even been able to get the better of him when he is playing with his weaker left hand. That all changed on June 1st (I'm a little behind on blog updates) when my family came for a visit. I was hoping that I had improved since we got the table in November but I wasn't holding my breath. He let me have the special paddle and he played me left handed and shockingly I beat him! He wasn't so happy about that so he made a quick run to the store so he could play with a special paddle too. I guess he figured that was why I won. Well he came back armed with his paddle and played me right handed and after a fierce battle I was the CHAMPION! Mike then played him and he beat him for the first time as well! The Cleary's rule! Ahhhh...victory is sweet.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a more respectfull champion would have mentioned that the long standing champion hadn't played for quite a long time and was unused to the strange quasi outdoor surroundings and that a real test would be on a neutral court

Anonymous said...

Did you know that you have to play ping-pong for 12 hours to lose one pound. Snapple Fact #167, i just got that one. haha. Good job! :]

Anonymous said...

It was a fun day!