Mike and I competed in the Muddy Buddy Run yesterday in San Dimas and it was awesome! A couple of months after Ethan was born Mike bought us new running shoes and we signed up for the Muddy Buddy in order to have a goal to lose the pregnancy weight. Mike's family came down to spend the day with Ethan (huge thanks!) and we loaded up in the wee hours of the morning. We first had an unplanned but satisfying breakfast at Denny's due to forgetting to turn our clocks back. We checked in at 5:30am and started enjoying the energy and excitement as all of the 1200 teams began to arrive.
In this race, the team members alternate between running and riding their bike. Mike started off on the bike, rode to a transition area, left the bike, did a small obstacle and then took off running. I started off running, reached the transition area, did the obstacle and then searched for our bike amidst the large pile of bikes. The total race distance was between 6-7 miles up and down the beautiful hills in Bonelli Park. There were five legs of the race (leg 3 was a whopper) and it ended at big mud pit that teams army crawl through together. We finished 40th out of 103 with a time of 1 hr 2 min (our category was coed with combined age of 56-65).
We had such a great time! It was very, very hard but not overwhelming. I wasn't in as good of shape as I had hoped I would be but it didn't kick my butt like I thought it might. It was so satisfying to be pushed hard and to be surprised at what my body can do. It was a blast to have this adventure with Mike and we can't wait until next year. Who is going to join us???
For those of you who want to see our muddy picture we will add it here when we get a link from Muddy Buddy. :)
Time together…
3 days ago
3 comments:
Sounds like a blast. Good job Cleary's...you rock!
Congrats Team Cleary!!!! Karen, pushing so hard and being amazed what your body can do sounds like pregnancy:) I'm proud of you both!
Looks like fun and a good way to keep in shape!
Post a Comment