Saturday, April 12, 2008

A big first

And one I would rather have put off for a few years (or at least months). Ethan caught his first cold and what makes it worse is that he caught it from me! Upon Mike coming home from Orlando I promptly decided to get sick. I slept almost all of Thur which is good because Mike and I were holding Ethan the entire night. He had so much phlegm that he would choke if he weren't upright. Yesterday I took every suggestion our pediatrician gave us and bought half the cold and flu section from RiteAid and Henry's. It is so hard to see our little guy miserable. I'm sure he's trying to figure out what's going on.

Last night was particularly challenging because Mike came down with a very bad stomach ache and I'm still sick. Two things got us through last night. First, the car carrier (thank you Deya for the suggestion) with the Snuzzler (thank you again Carrot) where Ethan slept all night on our bed. Second, Hyland's Homeopathic Sniffles 'N Sneezes 4 Kids (probably the only thing I needed to buy) gave Ethan some relief and helped him relax.

Our pediatrician said that night 3 would probably be the worst...I am going to remain hopeful that today he starts feeling better.

No comments: